Basketball Sample Workout
The sport of basketball requires athleticism, strength, and agility. While most of the skill work is performed at a high intensity, a certain level of endurance is important to meet game demands throughout the duration of the contest. Below is an example basketball strength and conditioning workout program.
- High skip, Quick Skip, Tempo Skip – 20-30yd ea.
- Resisted Side Shuffle – 30yd-60yd
- Bridge w/ Hip Abduction x 10 Bilat, x10 ea. Single Leg
- Single Leg Toe Touch/Reach x10 ea.
Low Level Plyo
- Single Leg(SL) Ladder Drills (ie: SL hop, 1 over 1 back, lateral in/out)
High Level Plyo
- x 5ea (land 2 feet àland 1 foot; progress height as tol)
- SL Box Jump
- Kneeling Box Jump
- Approach (layup) Box Jump (add ball a Medball)
- 1-5r ea., 3-5 sets 2-5 min rest
- Eccentric Trap Bar Deadlift or Back Squat
- Eccentric Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat
- Eccentric Monster Band or Barbell Good Morning
- Anti-Rotation: Paloff Press x15 Windmill x 2 circles ea. direction (band or cable machine) bilat